The Dietitian Difference
Every registered dietitian is a nutritionist but not every nutritionist is a dietitian! Unlike dietitians, the nutritionist profession is much less protected under the law. Therefore many nutritionists are practicing without any previous education, training or work experience. Registered dietitians (RDs) have to have:
- A four-year bachelor degree
- Complete an internship with 1200 hours or more
- Pass the national CDR exam
- Complete continuing education credits to maintain their RD status
What Can a Registered Dietitian Do For You?
Here is just a short list of what RD’s can help you with via the power of nutrition!
- Weight loss
- Sports Nutrition
- Weight gain
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Meal Planning
- Following a specific diet such as Vegan/Vegetarian
- Pediatric and/or family consultations
- Intestinal disorders
- Food allergies/sensitivities
- And so much more!
The Health Place offers a wide variety of nutrition services to cater to each individual’s needs! Our services include:
- Registered Dietitian Consultations (Individual)
- One hour initial consultation- $60*
- The initial session includes a biometric assessment (blood pressure, body fat percentage, waist circumference and frame size are just a few of the parameters that will be measured), a nutrition health history interview, a food log analysis and personalized nutrition education and goal setting.
- 30 minute follow-up- $30*
- 4 follow-up visit package deal- $100
*Health Place Members and WellStar Employees will get a 15% discount!
- BodyGem Metabolic Analysis- $49
- Discover your unique metabolic fingerprint to determine your precise calorie needs and your personal metabolic proficiency. The BodyGem Analysis takes approximately ten minutes and measures your caloric need via oxygen consumption. This can be added to any of your nutrition consultation sessions, or it can be done on its own.
- Special Nutrition Programs/Classes – keep an eye out for programs and classes where you can participate in cooking demos, and classes for specific conditions like eating for diabetes, heart healthy eating and learning about foods that fight inflammation.
How to Schedule: Individual Appointments
To schedule an appointment with one of our registered dietitians ask your doctor to send a referral to Wellbeing 365 Nutrition. If your doctor isn’t in the WellStar system ask them to fax a referral to 770-793-7922 and address it to Kayla Perry. We offer a variety of hours Monday-Friday with Saturday morning appointments available on a limited basis and some Thursday evening availabilty as well.
How to Schedule: BodyGem Appointments
No referral necessary! Call 770-793-7299 or email Kayla at Kayla.Perry@wellstar.org to make an appointment. BodyGem appointments take about 30 minutes. Just make sure to not eat, drink caffeine or exercise at least four hours before your appointment. We want to make sure your metabolism is resting!
Questions, Comments or Concerns?
Please call our nutrition services line at 770-793-7299 or email Kayla Perry, RDN, LD at Kayla.Perry@wellstar.org.
The Medical Fitness Difference
- Degreed Exercise Specialists
- Licensed Massage Therapists
- Registered Dietitians
- Huge Variety & Number Of Classes & Programs Offered
- Comfortable, Non-Intimidating Atmosphere
- Rated One of Atlanta's "Top 10 Fitness Centers" by the Atlanta Business Chronicle