With the announcement of Cobb County schools closing, as of Friday March 13, 2020, ALL LEARN TO SWIM GROUP CLASSES, PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS, and FAMILY SWIM ARE CANCELED INDEFINITELY.
Group learn to swim classes: If you are currently enrolled in a group class, we will contact you regarding an updated schedule once the epidemic has passed.
Private swim classes: Your instructor will reach out to you to cancel your lesson schedule. You will pick up with your current package upon return.
Family Swim: Family Swim for Saturdays and Sundays are canceled until swim activities resume.
Please stay safe and healthy!
Learn to Swim
Our lessons are taught by American Red Cross certified instructors and we follow all ARC protocols. Our student-to-instructor ratio is small to ensure ample swim time for students. Classes are open to both members and non-members of Health Place. The Health Place pool closes for thunder (15 minutes) and lightening (30 minutes) for safety protocols.
Group Swim Lesson Registration Process:
- Complete registration form.
- Return form by email at email@example.com, fax at 770-793-7482 or leave at the Health Place front desk in person.
- Once class availability is confirmed, you will be contacted for payment.
- Payment must be completed within 48 hours to secure your spot in the class. No exceptions.
- Once the class is paid in full, you will receive a confirmation email. This will provide everything you need to know to prepare for your class.
- Wellstar employees pay the same rate as members but will have the program fee applied if not contracted members of Health Place.
ALL CLASSES ARE NONREFUNDABLE
ANNUAL $30 PROGRAM FEE APPLIED FOR ALL NONMEMBERS OF HEALTH PLACE.
- Make sure to register for ALL open sessions to secure your spot.
- Class registration closes two business days before the first class of that session. No exceptions. A waiting list will be offered once registration has been closed.
- Free childcare for siblings is available during paid Learn-to-Swim sessions. Reservation required – (770) 793-7300.
- Free access to Family Swim offered on Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm with each paid swim session. Must show pass at front desk upon entry. Lifeguard on duty.
- If fewer than 3 participants sign up for a class, we reserve the right to cancel the class. All efforts to find another class placement will be made in the same session.
- Parents bringing children of the opposite sex over 5 years old must use the Unisex restrooms upstairs. Please see the front desk for locations.
SPRING / MARCH-APRIL 2020 SCHEDULE:
SPRING MAR-APRIL Weekday 2020
Registration is OPEN for April Weekday classes until April 6th at 4:30 pm. Call 770-956-STAR (7827) to register for April Weekday classes.
Swim Team Prep classes available for April!
**Note: NO Classes April 4th – April 10th for Spring Break. NO Family Swim Saturday April 4th**
SUMMER I / MAY-JUNE 2020 SCHEDULE:
-Priority Registration for current participants OPENS March 28th
-General Registration OPENS April 4th
-Saturday May/June Session Registration CLOSES Thursday 7th at 6:00 pm
-Weekday May Session Registration CLOSES Sunday May 3rd at 6:00 pm
-Weekday June Session Registration CLOSES Sunday May 31st at 6:00 pm
**NO Group Swim Classes and NO Family Swim Saturday May 23rd.
**NO Group Swim Classes May 23 – May 29th.
SUMMER II / JULY-AUGUST 2020 SCHEDULE:
-Priority Registration for current participants OPENS May 30th
-General Registration OPENS June 6th
-Saturday July/August Session Registration CLOSES Thursday July 9th at 6:00 pm
-Weekday July Session Registration CLOSES Sunday July 5th at 6:00 pm
-Weekday August Session Registration CLOSES Sunday August 4th at 6:00 pm
Private Swim Lessons
- Complete request form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (770) 793-7482, or leave with the front desk staff.
- Once the Aquatics department receives your request form, an instructor will be notified based on availability.
- The instructor will contact you personally to make lesson arrangements.
- Lessons are 30 minutes in length.
- Payment is due on the first day of class. Waiver and agreement form signed on the first day of class.
- Parents are not allowed to work out or leave the site during swim lessons.
Payment is nonrefundable. Package expires 6 months from date of purchase.
The Medical Fitness Difference
- Degreed Exercise Specialists
- Licensed Massage Therapists
- Registered Dietitians
- Huge Variety & Number Of Classes & Programs Offered
- Comfortable, Non-Intimidating Atmosphere
- Rated One of Atlanta's "Top 10 Fitness Centers" by the Atlanta Business Chronicle