Learn to Swim
Our lessons are taught by American Red Cross certified instructors and we follow all ARC protocols. Our student to instructor ratio is small to ensure ample swim time for students. Classes are open to both members and non-members. To register for all group swim classes, call 770-956-STAR (7827). Payment is due at time of registration to secure your spot. For class placement inquiries or general information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-793-7300.
- There is a $30 Annual Program Fee for all nonmembers of Health Place. This annual fee is required at time of registration and is valid from February 1st – February 1st.
- Make sure to register for ALL open sessions to secure your spot.
- Class registration closes two business days before the first class of that session. No exceptions.
- Free childcare for siblings is available during paid Learn-to-Swim sessions. Reservation required – (770) 793-7300.
- Free access to Family Swim offered on Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm with each paid swim session. Must show pass at front desk upon entry. Lifeguard on duty.
- If fewer than 3 participants sign up for a class, we reserve the right to cancel the class. All efforts to find another class placement will be made in the same session.
ALL CLASSES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Credit vouchers will be given and will be valid for one year from date of issue.
LTS Parent Agreement Form (Please bring with you on the first day of class)
LTS Release Form (Please bring with you on the first day of class)
WINTER JAN/FEB 2020 SCHEDULE:
Registration for all winter Learn to Swim classes is open now!
Please note that the Learn to Swim program will follow the Cobb County school district with regards to inclement weather for class cancellations. Call the HOT LINE number at 770-793-7307 before class for up-to-date class information. In the event of a canceled class, every effort will be made to make up that class during the session.
Parents MUST remain in the lobby during swim class. No exceptions.
SPRING / MARCH-APRIL 2020 SCHEDULE:
Registration opens January 27th for current participants ONLY
Registration opens February 3rd for everyone else
Swim Team Prep classes available for March and April!
Swim Team Prep I: This class is designed to prepare a child for participation in a summer league swim team. All strokes will be reviewed/introduced along with endurance training. Swim team language, starts, and stops will be covered during this class. Diving is not allowed in the Health Place pool, but sit dives will be taught along with proper diving techniques for swim team. A child does not have to be participating in a swim team to take this class.
Swim Team Prep II: This class is designed as a refresher course for children who have participated in a summer league swim team before. Stroke refinement, technique, speed and endurance will be emphasized. A child does not have to be participating in a swim team to take this class.
(the weekday Swim Team Prep class is a combination of these classes with 2 instructors)
**Note: NO Classes April 4th – April 10th for Spring Break. NO Family Swim Saturday April 4th**
Private Swim Lessons
Complete request form and email to email@example.com or fax to (770) 793-7482 and an instructor will contact you.
The Medical Fitness Difference
- Degreed Exercise Specialists
- Licensed Massage Therapists
- Registered Dietitians
- Huge Variety & Number Of Classes & Programs Offered
- Comfortable, Non-Intimidating Atmosphere
- Rated One of Atlanta's "Top 10 Fitness Centers" by the Atlanta Business Chronicle